Friday, April 23, 2010

Pennsylvania Golf

I'm really disappointed that Pennsylvania had only one course in the Top 100 because the country I drove through was beautiful.  I'm sure there are more great courses here so I'll plan on coming back to find a couple the golf magazines left off.  After all, I'm sure there a couple courses better than some I've already played that I wouldn't even place in my Top 200!!!  Of course my list is from 2008 and that's plenty of time for some of these clubs to let their courses go into disrepair.

However, I must say the one course in Pennsylvania - Olde Stonewall - is definitely one of my personal Top 10.  And I can only imagine, not unlike the Loudaberger course in Ohio, how beautiful this course is going to be during the fall.  As it is now, it is a great course and well worth every cent.

This course is really divided into two types of courses - front nine being a 'valley' course while the back nine is a 'mountain' course.  And when I say mountain, there were times I wasn't sure the cart would make it up to the next tee box.  And poor Lusha, my Siberian Husky, even was worn to the bone by the end of the 18 holes.

The club house is even part of the mystique in that it is designed like a castle with many replicated (I think) artifacts throughout.  Pretty cool to muse around the castle.

And lastly, the showers are second to none.  I thought Pinehurst had great showers but these showers are huge and powerful.

Enjoy the pics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment